Thursday, November 18, 2010

Put Your Best Face Foward: Product Reviews & Recommendations

 
Let's face it:  We were not all born with perfect complexions.
(Or time has slowly stole our natural radiance)
But, there is hope!

I have always had trouble with my skin.  Acne in my youth led to extreme drying from all of the remedies I had used to cure my blemishes.  Now, I must also confront the later scarring that can occur from having onset teenage acne.  As we age we also deal with aging skin, wrinkling, under-eye circles, sun damage, etc..

I have tried many, many products throughout the years, but have narrowed down to a few that I really like and find to be effective:




This is a fantastic product line.  All of their products are composed of 100% natural ingredients.  

Iceland is a volcanic island nation that lies near the arctic circle.  It is an extremely mineral rich land, and has been left largely untouched by civilization.  The water is so pure, as it runs through the glaciers.  It is an extremely natural and pure environment.  That is what these products bring to your face.  The cleansers are extremely creamy, and you can feel the deep-down tingling as you use them, clearing your skin of toxins.  They deeply clean, while replenishing moisture and nutrients.  My skin has a cooling sensation after use.  You will notice a clear, glowing, refreshed look in just a few days!  I absolutely LOVE this stuff. 
 

The SKYN ICELAND products are great for removing toxins and clarifying my skin, but I still feel the need for more moisture.  So, I have found this product, and have fallin absolutely in love.  It's got a great texture, is great for my dry skin in these dry winter weeks. I was surprised that it didn't make me break out. I still have a slight break out on my chin sometimes, but in the two weeks I've been using this cream it's settled a lot.  It is 99.9% oil free, so it is perfect for anyone.  This formula contains antioxidants that protect skin against environmental damage and provides continuous exfoliation to keep roughness at bay. An infusion of yeast-derived beta glucan supports the skin's natural defense system and improves repair capabilities.

BENEFIT - EyeCon

If you are from mediterranean descent like I am, you may have inherited the dreaded dark circles.  From a very young age I have been having to use concealer under my eyes to rid myself from the horrible purplish discoloration.  A few weeks ago, I got plain tired of always lookinh, well, tired.  I stumbled around a few different products, read a ton of reviews, and finally settled on this one.  I bought it, and WOW.  Within the first few days of use, my eyes looked better and brighter.  I didn't have to reapply my concealer or use multiple coats.  Infused with extracts of sweet almond and apple fruit this amazing eye treatment nourishes, smoothes, depuffs, and fades dark circles.  It has been nothing short of a miracle for me.  Just apply every morning and evening, a little bit goes a lonnnnnggg way.


AMAZING COSMETICS - Concealer



Another recent find is this:  Amazing Concealer.  And so far, it has lived up to the name!  This is a full-pigmented, all natural concealer.  It is extremely moisturizing, and blends easily.  Also, because this is a full-pigment formula you only need a very small amount to get the results you want.  I use this around my eye area and over my scars.  It makes them virtually disappear, while giving you a natural dewy finish.  This is a great product.



BENEFIT - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Another Benefit product that I have used and loved is the Some Kind-A Gorgeous 'foundation'.  I say it like that because it is not a 'true' foundation, but a sheer, oil-free, cream-to-powder, complexion perfector.  It does not provide full-coverage, but moisturizes and evens out problem areas for an air-brushed finish.  I hate using foundation, and usually only use concealer, so this product was perfect for me.  It gave just the right amount of evenness to my skin without leaving a caking effect.  It is extremely light-weight, and non-greasy.  I have been using this for over a year, and even with my problem skin, have never had an issue with the stellar item.

SO...There you have it!  Great products for a great face! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment