Friday, January 28, 2011

DON'Ts: Celebrity Trends That Suck...

I think I've made my point...

There are a few trends out there right now, that I am just not too fond of, and some that are just downright laughable.  This whole 'crazy legs' thing going on, NAH-UH.  Maybe for a 5 year old girl, maybe, for her jazz dance lessons...But, for daily wear? I think not.

Celebs can get away with fashion murder if enough of them start wearing a trend.  But, why should we accept their sometimes crappy taste?  I certainly won't be running out ot my nearest American Apparel to buy truck loads of plaid, floral, native american, polka-dot, barf inspired tights.

 McHammer inspired pants & split sleeves

There is absolutely nothing flattering about this trend.  Since when did men's work out pants from the 80's become cool?  Because I am pretty sure they were designed to keep their nutsacks free and airy while they got their muscle juice on.  Somehow, I don't think any of these ladies are sporting balls...we hope.

The splite sleeve thing...just plain cheap as shit.  This is the stuff you see in trashy clubs, why would you wear it on the red carpet? Seriously. For shame!
Farmer Brown called...He wants his shirts back.

Well Howdy there!!! Any of you's wanna wrastle?  Look, I'm all for the cute plaid shirts and button downs that are fresh right now, but the tying looks awful.  Button down shirts can look great, I personally own a few, and I love them.  But, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Don't tie it up like you're one of the beverly hillbillies.  It's just tacky, and reminiscent of every slutty cowgirl  Halloween costume I've seen out there.

And, really, Ashley Green?  A tied denim shirt with a retro mini skirt? Do you honestly think your rocking it right now?  Just straight up bad taste.
Grandma's Lace Doilies

I have no problems with lace.  I think it can look sexy, classy, sweet, whatever you want it to be (depending on how it is presented).  But, the all-white-lace dresses these ladies are sporting?  I've seen curtains like these at my grandma's house, and those little stupid lace things she puts under her Precious Moments collectibles, freaking doilies.  We do not wear curtains, ladies.  You're better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment