Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Product Reviews: Hair Care

HAIR CARE
Because a good hair day is a great start and makes all the difference!

I am absolutely OCD about my hair (as most women are) and have certain needs for these golden locks!  So, I havep ut together some of my favorite products for people like me who need a little boost and va-va-voom for their color-treated tresses :)

Firstly, I do not wash my hair every day.
There I said it! And I do not care that you think it is gross (which my bf totally does haha).
You are NOT supposed to wash your hair every day!!!!!!

"Unless you have really oily hair, you should give hair and scalp a rest for at least a day between shampoos. For those of us with oily hair who don't want to wash every day, consider a dry shampoo.

Since washing hair too much strips hair of oils and even color if you've had a dye job, you're better off washing every other day and sprinkling a bit of dry shampoo at the roots and hairline. If you want to save money, skip the fancy dry shampoos and try baby powder. I hear it works even on brunette hair."
(http://beauty.about.com/b/2007/05/08/should-you-wash-your-hair-every-day-2.htm)
DRY SHAMPOO
 
This product is AWESOME.  It does not contain most of the harsh chemicals most shampoos and dry shampoos can contain, such as parabens, sulfates, PPG's, etc..  It is perrrrrfect for those days inbetween washings, which I think is usually better hair day than freshly washed hair!  It requires no water, and no hair dryer to work its magic.  It effectively soaks up oils and product and leaves your head with a fresh lemony scent! oooooooooo, just think about all those extra minutes of sleep you'll get (YAY)

If you are anything like me, you can always use a little extra boost.  And, If you have colored hair, like mine, you also need deeply moisturizing and nourishing treatment to prevent breakages and keep your locks healthy.  This is THE STUFF.  Another great Blandi product that delivers results.  I also is free of harsh chemicals found in most hair car products.  The best part, IT WON'T WEIGH YOU DOWN.  Most intense moisturizers and volumizers can leave your head feeling heavy.  Well, fret no more!  This miracle in a bottle will have you turning heads and leave you feeling SaSsY


If you still need a little more, this is a great volumizing product.  I got turned onto this line by my hairdresser, and have never looked back.  I have a lot of hair, but it is very fine, and very straight.  A lot of girls are teasing their hair at the crown, and to be honest, teasing is terrible for your hair.  TEASE NO MORE.  This is what you need.  I simply use a dime-sized amount, come through, and blow dry upside down.  VA VOOM indeed!  This stuff is amazing, and you have to try it to believe the soft, full, and effortless results.


I absolutely SWEAR by the T3 line of hair dryers.  They are a bit pricey, but they save me a lot of time, and as we all know, time = money.  This dryer uses Tourmaline and SoftAire™ technology to deliver shorter drying time, with less frizz.  The small size is great because it is much cheaper, but still the same great product, and you can take it anywhere.  I cannot go without a hair dryer, so the travel size is just what I need.  You can dry a fully wet head in 5min.  Just think of the time you save!

No comments:

Post a Comment